Friday, January 8, 2010

Disappearing 9-Patch description

In order to make a disappearing 9-patch, you will start with a basic 9-patch block that looks like this:

















The next thing you will do is cut the block in half both vertically and horizontially and it will look like this:















Now you can pick either two opposite corners and flip them around.
















Finally, you will sew the four new pieces back together to get a Disappearing 9-Patch Block!















The next time I post, I will show you these blocks all put together! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica! Just found your blog.... I really like your disappearing 9-patch - I've made one of these but your version looks great with the pale fabric in the 4 corners. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt top.

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete